Автор Тема: MyTableTennis.NET Forum : The pro's equipment -discussion and questions!  (Прочетена 184967 пъти)

0 Потребители и 1 Гост преглежда(т) тази тема.

Неактивен MyTT

• Киборг
  • Рейтинг: +0/-0
  • Специален агент
    • Профил
The pro's equipment -discussion and questions! : The reason so many Butterfly sponsored...
« Отговор #936 -: Януари 28, 2013, 11:00:14 pm »
The pro's equipment -discussion and questions! : The reason so many Butterfly sponsored...
12 January 2013, 4:40 pm

Author: Vihito

Subject: 34187

Posted: 01/12/2013 at 2:40pm

The reason so many Butterfly sponsored players play with Korbel are the blade's plies and the fact that a player can order a customized thickness.

Source: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Forum : The pro's equipment -discussion and questions!

Неактивен MyTT

• Киборг
  • Специален агент
    • Профил
The pro's equipment -discussion and questions! : Someone on this forum posted...
« Отговор #937 -: Януари 28, 2013, 11:00:14 pm »
The pro's equipment -discussion and questions! :   Someone on this forum posted...
12 January 2013, 4:46 pm

Author: Anderni

Posted: 01/12/2013 at 2:46pm

Someone on this forum posted that he'd spoken to Korbel in person when he visited the US, and that Korbel said he plays with a custom glassfiber blade.

Edited by Anderni - 01/12/2013 at 2:47pm

Source: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Forum : The pro's equipment -discussion and questions!

Неактивен MyTT

• Киборг
  • Специален агент
    • Профил
The pro's equipment -discussion and questions! : Originally posted by Anderni Someone...
« Отговор #938 -: Януари 28, 2013, 11:00:14 pm »
The pro's equipment -discussion and questions! :   Originally posted by Anderni  Someone...
12 January 2013, 4:48 pm

Author: vutiendat1337

Posted: 01/12/2013 at 2:48pm

Originally posted by Anderni

Someone on this forum posted that he'd spoken to Korbel in person when he visited the US, and that Korbel said he plays with a custom glassfiber blade.

Korbel Magic Hand with custom glassfibers to be precise.

Неактивен MyTT

• Киборг
  • Специален агент
    • Профил
The pro's equipment -discussion and questions! : Originally posted by vutiendat1337 yea...
« Отговор #939 -: Януари 28, 2013, 11:00:14 pm »
The pro's equipment -discussion and questions! :   Originally posted by vutiendat1337 yea...
12 January 2013, 5:23 pm

Author: ttping85

Posted: 01/12/2013 at 3:23pm

Originally posted by vutiendat1337

yea right. like they even care about "names" on equipment. somebody has been watching too much TV.

What I think is that those Korbels come straight of the factory without the hollow handle to improve the balance. PK is normally quite head-heavy combined with 2 Tenergies. Not necessarily "customized" but just without the commercial make up. OR if it didn't occur to anyone, maybe he just uses the other side of the handle.

And just for the record Ma Long has been using TBS for years and then TB ALC. Like he gives a sh*t. Bunch of players on the CNT use ZJK ALC so what? And don't try to argue with the fact that they are team members. If anything, there's much more rivalry among the CNT players. Funny thing that Liu Shiwen had been using PK with the badge up until around 2010. Or Tiago Apolonia who is still using PK. What's your genius explanation for that? Are they homies and drink tea together at 5? Yea, right.

Who are you getting angry at? I hope it's not me because if you look carefully I was just trying to solve the misunderstanding between two different forum members not understanding each other without taking any position on their debate.

May peace be on you Wink

Неактивен MyTT

• Киборг
  • Специален агент
    • Профил
The pro's equipment -discussion and questions! : Originally posted by ttping85 Originally...
« Отговор #940 -: Януари 28, 2013, 11:00:14 pm »
The pro's equipment -discussion and questions! :  Originally posted by ttping85  Originally...
12 January 2013, 5:45 pm

Author: idk

Posted: 01/12/2013 at 3:45pm

Originally posted by ttping85

Originally posted by vutiendat1337

yea right. like they even care about "names" on equipment. somebody has been watching too much TV.What I think is that those Korbels come straight of the factory without the hollow handle to improve the balance. PK is normally quite head-heavy combined with 2 Tenergies. Not necessarily "customized" but just without the commercial make up. OR if it didn't occur to anyone, maybe he just uses the other side of the handle. And just for the record Ma Long has been using TBS for years and then TB ALC. Like he gives a sh*t. Bunch of players on the CNT use ZJK ALC so what? And don't try to argue with the fact that they are team members. If anything, there's much more rivalry among the CNT players. Funny thing that Liu Shiwen had been using PK with the badge up until around 2010. Or Tiago Apolonia who is still using PK. What's your genius explanation for that? Are they homies and drink tea together at 5? Yea, right.

Who are you getting angry at? I hope it's not me because if you look carefully I was just trying to solve the misunderstanding between two different forum members not understanding each other without taking any position on their debate. May peace be on you Wink

Not you, probably the guy who posted incredibly wrong information then got smart mouthed in his defense

Неактивен MyTT

• Киборг
  • Специален агент
    • Профил
The pro's equipment -discussion and questions! : Edited by Lafetia - 01/19/2013...
« Отговор #941 -: Януари 28, 2013, 11:00:14 pm »

Неактивен MyTT

• Киборг
  • Специален агент
    • Профил
The pro's equipment -discussion and questions! : anyone know what is the chen qi...
« Отговор #942 -: Януари 28, 2013, 11:00:14 pm »
The pro's equipment -discussion and questions! : anyone know what is the chen qi...
20 January 2013, 3:48 pm

Author: chalo_sterling

Posted: 01/20/2013 at 1:48pm

anyone know what is the chen qi equipment in this year??? 'cause in the 2013 china trials videos isn't clear what blade he use...

Неактивен MyTT

• Киборг
  • Специален агент
    • Профил
The pro's equipment -discussion and questions! : Originally posted by roar Originally...
« Отговор #943 -: Януари 28, 2013, 11:00:14 pm »
The pro's equipment -discussion and questions! :   Originally posted by roar  Originally...
20 January 2013, 4:45 pm

Author: tabten5

Posted: 01/20/2013 at 2:45pm

Originally posted by roar

Originally posted by tabten5

My view is that the Koreans prefer a no-bade Korbel for effectively the same reasons that some professionals prefer a Viscaria to a Timo Boll ALC or Zhang Jike ALC: they don't want to play with a blade with someone else's name on it. And I think that makes quite a lot of sense; you wouldn't catch Federer using Nadal's branded shoes, or Ronaldo using Messi's branded football boots. I realise there are exceptions (e.g. Ma Long using a TB ALC for a while), but it remains the general rule, I think.

The NORTH Korean chopper, Jang Song Man, is using the SOUTH Korean's namesake blade: the Butterfly Joo Se Hyuk.  That pretty much crushes your theory that professionals don't want to use equipment named after another player.

Pro's don't care about the name, they care about the best equipment.  Look at the first page of this thread where there's a list of players using Timo Boll series blades and multiple players using Jun Mizutani blades.

1) I said there were exceptions. To point out one of those exceptions does not, contrary to your assertion, 'crush my theory.'

2) This theory, of course, can only apply with any consistency to the very top players, and that's obviously because it's unlikely that the player with a WR of 87 would have a (good) branded blade named after them. So, for the sake of the argument, let's restrict it to the top 10 for now. How many of the top 10 play with a blade with another table tennis player's name on it? At first blush, the answer is none. With perhaps two exceptions, that also holds true for those WR ranked 11-20. One would imagine that one would find more exceptions the further one goes down the current WR list.

You could also look at previous Olympic champions, or World champions. How many of those played with a blade with someone else's name on it?

Неактивен MyTT

• Киборг
  • Специален агент
    • Профил
The pro's equipment -discussion and questions! : Roar, I obviously meant as of...
« Отговор #944 -: Януари 28, 2013, 11:00:14 pm »
The pro's equipment -discussion and questions! : Roar, I obviously meant as of...
20 January 2013, 8:15 pm

Author: tabten5

Posted: 01/20/2013 at 6:15pm

Roar, I obviously meant as of January 2013. Xu Xin no longer plays with a YEO, Ma Long doesn't play with a BTY TB-series blade, Wang Liqin doesn't play with a TBS, Ovtcharov doesn't play with a Waldner Senso, and nobody cares what Chen Qi uses (he was one of my exceptions.)

Неактивен MyTT

• Киборг
  • Специален агент
    • Профил
The pro's equipment -discussion and questions! : Originally posted by tabten5Roar,...
« Отговор #945 -: Януари 28, 2013, 11:00:14 pm »
The pro's equipment -discussion and questions! :    Originally posted by tabten5Roar,...
20 January 2013, 8:23 pm

Author: IanMcg

Posted: 01/20/2013 at 6:23pm

Roar, I obviously meant as of January 2013. Xu Xin no longer plays with a YEO, Ma Long doesn't play with a BTY TB-series blade, Wang Liqin doesn't play with a TBS, Ovtcharov doesn't play with a Waldner Senso, and nobody cares what Chen Qi uses (he was one of my exceptions.)

Ovtcharov does play with a WSC, and lots of people care about what Chen Qi uses (especially Chen Qi)

Also, RSM used a red KTS

Edited by IanMcg - 01/20/2013 at 6:26pm

Неактивен MyTT

• Киборг
  • Специален агент
    • Профил
The pro's equipment -discussion and questions! : Originally posted by tabten5Roar,...
« Отговор #946 -: Януари 28, 2013, 11:00:14 pm »
The pro's equipment -discussion and questions! :   Originally posted by tabten5Roar,...
20 January 2013, 8:25 pm

Author: vutiendat1337

Posted: 01/20/2013 at 6:25pm

Man, don't be like a little kid Mickael and defend your stupid theory. Yes, I said it. It's dumb."they don't want to play with a blade with someone else's name on it"You are saying that all of the sudden, for the new year 2013, pro's don't wanna play with blades with other player's name on it. All of them just changed their mind LOL Table Tennis is not Tennis. The scene is different, the system is different, the stars are different. You can't compare the two.

"nobody cares what Chen Qi uses (he was one of my exceptions)", really, nobody cares? By "nobody" you mean yourself? That sounds about right Embarrassed

The bottom line is that most players don't care about the name tag as long as they play well it. That's the general rule. Sometimes sponsors and marketing strats come in play but definitely not that stupid theory of yours. I bet that if I bothered to make a poll about your theory, the results would not please you, my friend. But I won't cause it ain't worth my time.

Неактивен MyTT

• Киборг
  • Специален агент
    • Профил
The pro's equipment -discussion and questions! : wow vutiendat beat me to the punch...
« Отговор #947 -: Януари 28, 2013, 11:00:14 pm »